1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The importance of "letting it all out"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Hopeful_Alexandra, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Hopeful_Alexandra

Hopeful_Alexandra New Member

Hi all,
    I had an experience that I thought was worth sharing. I have been working through a resurgence of knee pain-hip tightness (I detailed it in a post about "seasonal pain" on the support forum. Didn't get a lot of interest, but you are welcome to check it out.)

Anyway, I had been having a number of frustrating days trying to figure out the source of the return of symptoms (sometime I never can) and got into a conversation with my husband that I thought was about one thing and I ended up crying for quite a while about things I had experienced in my childhood. I guess I hadn't realized that I was still dealing with that trauma or grieving about it.

Since then, I have felt better. My symptoms haven't completely vanished, but the catharsis definitely had a positive effect.

Has anyone else noticed this? I don't often journal, but I wonder if it might have the same effect as the tms gurus often say.

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

We all have different experience express sadness, anger, and so on wether threw journaling, self talk or actually facing the problem face to face…I have done all of these with some success. But I feel what takes us over to the light is learning to be happy again. Its never to late to be a happy kid…… AGAIN