1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 The first 3

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, May 9, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

The main 3 things that marked me as an individual were as follows: I was being told I wasn't wanted as a child, my father was an alcoholic, he died before we could resolve our issues. Since I know a little bit about TMS already, I can add that other stressful events contributed to my situation. My husband and I recently moved from one country to another and had to start over, now we have to move again, and start over again. As a third big thing, I think my mind is so conditioned to be tense and anticipate the unknown that it is sometime hard to get at the end of the day normal. I never learned how to let go of things I cannot control. It is an effort now to at least try and recognize the situation when I keep everything in.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. Welcome to this wonderful TMS community. Your background is familiar. My best friend's wife, Bonnie, was not wanted by her mother. Her mother told her, "I wish you had been a cat. I would have drowned you."
    As might be expected, Bonnie held all this in but when she was an adult, happily married and with three wonderful young children, her subconscious struck her mentally so she would finally deal with the problem. She underwent psychiatric treatment and it helped her to accept her situation and eventually to even forgive her mother. I don't think you need to see a psychiatrist. I am confident that the SEProgram will help you... You already know the main cause of your symptoms. You just need to let go of the unhappy past and live now in the present. Don't keep any emotion in. Let it out... scream, cry, yell. Write a letter to whoever has caused you grief, and let it all out in the letter, then do not send it. Realize you are not alone in your pain or anxiety. In this present time, you are among many, many others who fear today and tomorrow. It's hard for anyone in these difficult economic, social, and political times, for anyone to be positive about life. We just have to have faith that things are going to get better. Be grateful you have a supportive husband. Maybe laugh at it all.
    That's not easy, but even if you fake a laugh or just a smile, it pushes the blues away.