1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 The Fear

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by samuelrhys, Sep 20, 2015.

1. samuelrhys

samuelrhys Peer Supporter

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

Well I normally go to the gym every other day. I do stretching a tissue work and some various hip exercises. However I've started to add in lots of upper body exercises so I am not as focused on my hips, I know that I shouldn't even do any exercise/stretching on my hips as that is keeping my mind focused on them, I just fear not doing them.

I haven't actually run in 3 years because of the fear of it. While reading up on forums with people with the same issues as me the surgeon told them not to run again. Although mine didn't from reading other people's experiences I am now scared of it. If I do have to run I now do it in a way where I feel that I won't hurt anything. So.... I suppose one of the main problem's I have is fear which hopefully I will overcome doing this program.

SunnyinFL and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Samuel. You're doing great by going to the gym and doing the upper body exercises. Try not to be afraid if you exercise your hips. Do what you can, a little at a time. Fearing doing something is common to us all. We overcome it by gradually doing what we fear, whether it is running or walking, etc.

You are early in the SEP and already are finding positive results. Keep at it. More success is ahead for you.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. readyforjoy

readyforjoy Newcomer

Thanks Walt. I needed to read this today.