1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Book The Divided Mind

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by sarah430, Feb 4, 2014.

1. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

I never read Healing Back Pain, mainly because my pain issue hasn't been strictly back pain. But rather the Sarno book that made me a believer in TMS was "The MindBody Prescription". I've also read Steven Ozanich "Great Pain Deception" and Nicole Sachs, "The Meaning of Truth" I think overall the Great Pain Deception helped me the most but I've gotten a lot out of all three books.

Anyway, I was wondering how The Divided Mind compares (especially to the other Sarno books) and what it can add to my knowledge, or reinforce it. Is it much different than The MindBody Prescription?

I spent the better part of last weekend watching Sarno interviews and success stories on Youtube. I found this to be very helpful in getting me to think more psychologically about my pain and I'm interested in reading Sarno again.

Thank you!

Edited: Just looked at the info on Sarno's books over on the wiki and think this will be a good read for me. But still interested in any input or insights anyone has to offer. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    Mari likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I'd say the Divided Mind is Dr. Sarnos crowning achievement ya know. Its like he learned through the years that tms can develop into almost any manifestation and he lays it all out in the Divided mind. I'd most defiantly read it when you find the chance. I loved it so much I called my library and tried to buy it from them but they wouldn't sell it to me. I still have the pages that meant the most to me in my private library. :)

Mari likes this.
  3. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

Thank you for the feedback I bought it for my kindle library.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

That book is really awesome. It was the first one I read by Dr. Sarno.
    It has story's from all the other tms Drs in various fields in book.
    Plus it has its own laid out protocol in how to heal and get better.
    I know you will enjoy it,
    Bless You

Mari likes this.
  5. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Herbie, I like the Divided Mind because it gives detailed guidance about journaling and constructing a self-recovery program according to Dr. Sarno's model.

Mari likes this.