1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The Bodymind has Its Own Agenda...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Livvygurl, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

And I just work here! o_O

My neck started hurting last night from a trigger that I am conditioned to react to and the pain continued on. Today I had an interesting journaling experience, I did the non-dominant hand technique and wrote about some heavy issues. As I was writing I just coped with the pain and was able to release a little bit of sadness. I tried every trick in the book to rid the pain but just dealt with the uncomfortable neck stiffness. My strategy at that point was to plan a self-care evening at home involving some relaxation. I was craving to see my chiropractor (+ he is a cool guy) so he could “put my neck back in” all the while I was telling myself that would only be a temporary fix. At home, I looked around for my relaxation stint and ended up sitting cross-legged in front of a big mirror. I was facing myself in two senses of the word: emotionally and physically. I talked out loud to myself in an empathic way and said “you’ve been through a lot”. I also spoke to myself about my anger and then sobbed while looking into my own eyes with compassion. I stood up and my neck pain released! Yahoo! :cool:

Forest, veronica73 and yb44 like this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

It sounds like you really get this stuff, have picked it up, embraced it and are now running full speed ahead.

3. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

That's awesome, Livvy! I'd like to try this sometime myself.

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Isn't is so amazing to see this approach start to work? This is only increase your confidence in the approach and propel you as you move forward.

I am really intrigued by this exercise you did as well. It seems like it is a great way to talk to your inner bully, and I love that you said you've been through a lot. We have a tendency to not forgive ourselves for having certain emotions, especially anger. When I read this statement I immediately thought that you accepted your emotions and who you are. This is the key to everything that we do, and probably one of the reasons your pain went away after you did it. Once you accept your emotions, there is really no longer any need to repress those emotions, and consequently TMS fades away.

It is so great to hear of your progress. Keep up the great work!

Livvygurl likes this.