1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 The Beginning

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Melb1971, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Melb1971

Melb1971 New Member

So.....just watched the 20/20 clip and read Baseball65's article and feeling overwhelmed. I want this to work so bad but I am scared that I don't have enough belief, faith and trust in myself.

A life without TMS would mean I could focus on better stuff - changing career and getting out of a job I hate, moving on from my Father's death almost a year ago and making plans to move house and travel to the States in September for a friend's wedding.

A life without TMS would be awesome.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Melb.

Are you in Australia? Don't feel overwhelmed. You need to trust that you will heal and the SEP program has helped many including me. Keep positive about everything you want to do.

We all wish we could heal our pain from taking a pill, but for most of us it requires time and patience and perseverance.
    We have to discover what are the emotional causes of our pain. Being in a job we hate can be stressful. I've been there.
    Losing a loved one is another stress but eventually we all come to accept it.

Take your time and don't pressure yourself to heal right away. Take it each day at a time.

Practice deep breathing and living in the present, not the past. We can live in the future if we anticipate it being better.

You've just begun the SEP and are on your way to self-discovery which will make you a happier and healthier person than you ever imagined.

Melb1971 likes this.
  3. Melb1971

Melb1971 New Member

Thank you Walt, your words mean alot. I am in the United Kingdom, specifically Yorkshire.