1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 The beginning

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Johnsmith, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Johnsmith

Johnsmith New Member

Hi! I´ve just started this educational program and it sounds very good to me according to my historic. Nowadays I have chronic pain I'm lower back, shoulders, neck, and hips. It started when I was 14 years old (I started my internship). At the same time, I was going to the gym daily and playing tennis, so I thought the cause was the exercises. Years later I stopped all the exercises and went to a doctor. I did many exams like X-rays, MRI, etc. All the doctors said that I had practically nothing and it wasn't a case to surgery, for example. They prescribed physiotherapy and rest. It never worked. I thought that I would have to live with that and I just accepted. Years later a friend of mine suggested a doctor and I checked. He said the same: you don't have anything in your shoulders, but your muscles and tendons are weak. He said: you go to the gym for one week, (i know it can hurt, but don't worry) and then you will do another MRI. I felt a tremendous pain in that week lifting weights and I thought I would rupture my tendons. What happened: the MRI showed that I didn't have an injury and he said that I had to practice exercises again. It was awesome, my pain reduced, and resumed some activities, but I still have limitations in my shoulders and sometimes still feel pain, although it's not too intense like before. The problem is that, around 10 years after, started back pain (i was stressed in my job and I quit studying to get a new one).

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to Day 1 @Johnsmith - it sounds like you have found the right place!

~Jan