1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 The beginning to the end day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jwiles, May 9, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

What would a life without tms mean to me? Well it would mean no longer fearing the pain in my hands/arms/elbows/shoulders. How wonderful it would be to get back to my normal life and pick up my old activities without limitation. I watched the 20/20 video today and one thing stuck out more than it all. When the lawyer said his life revolved around his back I thought of me. My whole life for two years has revolved around my pain. That's all I've worried about and it makes me angry that I've wasted this time on one thing.ill admit I'm still a skeptic on the whole tms epidemic but I have nothing to loose at this point I've seen all the doctors and even they've told me I've tried everything. No answers. On the bright side I feel like this is my answer. I'm almost done reading the mind body prescription and I do believe there is a connection between my pain and stress but it's hard to know how much Is in my mind. Most of the pain has been in my left hand but the other day at work my mind did a clever thing and shifted the pain to my right hand which I've had little problem with. But my left went almost painless and I was able to work the register with it fine. Which I haven't been able to do without
    Pain for along time. I believe it's going to take longer than a few weeks to get over this like some but who knows.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome jwiles,
    Glad to see you found this wonderful community and are starting the SEP. All of us here "wasted" plenty of time before discovering TMS, so don't feel too bad! All the worry, pain, money spent... You're among friends, so ask questions and get support as you need it.
    Andy B.

3. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Thank you Andy. Did u have any doubts in the beginning? I've been told I gotta believe 100 percent by some and others say just go with it and you gradually accept it if you stay at it

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi jwiles,

Here is a blog post I did about my doubts. It was a huge breakthrough for me to inquire into my doubts, and observe why I clung to them. Lots to do with my self images of knowing myself already, so how could I fall prey to such a thing as TMS!

I think each person works through the doubts their own way and time. You might use this blog post as a guide, and begin to write down the doubts, and begin to question what in you clings to these doubts? I was gentle with myself.

http://www.tmspainrelief.com/exploring-doubts-about-dr-sarnos-work/

Good luck. Everyone deals with doubt.

Andy B.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Andy, for posting this blog about dealing with doubt.
    Believing 100 percent in TMS causing our pain is essential, but may be the hardest obstacle most people have in
    dealing with their pain.