1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The 7 General Styles

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

If you got a good understanding of Tms Healing, These are the steps for stress
    I have to practice, ya know its the combo.
    and then breaking it all down to meditations and different styles after we get used to it.
    Then as it turns habit, we heal eventually and we know these meditations and patience techniques
    are what healed us -as I said, its the combination of all we put together.
    When you break all The knowledge and Wisdom down,
    its still
    1) Awareness
    2) Acceptances
    3) Meditations
    4) Calming or soothing
    5) Losing the fear and focus
    6) Living in the now
    7) Laughing on purpose

Can you add any?

Thanks

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I love this list! Finding ways to reduce stress and Tension can be extremely helpful in recovering from TMS. The one about calming and soothing yourself is one of my favorites. It is so easy to get yourself worked up and activated. When we are in a state of hyperarousal it doesn't matter how many times you remind yourself you have TMS, the message won't get through. Knowing how to calm yourself and reduce the tension helps us approach our treatment from a place where we are more open to the message. I would add two to the list: Finding Joy and Increasing your confidence in yourself.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.