1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42 That's A Wrap

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MellieV, Mar 20, 2016.

1. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Well, I can't believe it. Here I am finishing up Day 42. This is the first thing that I have finished in a long time. Just making through the program without quitting is a great personal victory for me. I'm actually a little sad that I'm done!

I was lucky enough to jump in the live chat on here yesterday, and I got to talk to Forest. I was asking for recommendations on where to go next. He suggested continuing with the Keys to Healing, so that's next on the agenda for me.

I loved posting on the SEP forum, but you are not getting rid of me yet! I hope you all make it successfully to Day 42, and I hope to see everyone on the other forums!

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Congrats, Mellie! The SEP changed my life in fabulous ways. I hope it does for you as well.dancea
    I keep up by participating in the forum, and by reading TMS literature. I just finished Jo Marchant's book Cure: a Journey into the Scince of Mind over Body. Next on my list is the Body Keeps the Score by Van der Kolk.
    Blessings to you.

3. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Thanks, Gigi! I just ordered Steve O's book. I think I'm going to keep journaling too, but I am going to start positive only journaling. I'll go back to journaling about stressors, personality and such, only when I need to. During the SEP I've filled almost 2 copybooks!

I was also thinking about starting a video journal, because I always feel better after talking.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi MellieV,
    Congratulations on doing the SEP, and you've got some great ideas on where to go from here. Talking may indeed be a more powerful way of "being yourself and exploring" than writing. For journaling, you can take a book and start on one end with the positive, and the other end with the negative. Get both parts, but know there is always room for either! Good luck in your journey!!
    Andy B