1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

That Aha moment

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Jun 29, 2015.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

Hello My TMS Family
    Need your support .

The other day I was in pain ((I am always in pain anyway before reading Dr Sarno HBP)) after taking bath & I headed to bed only to be in Pain.
    After immersing myself in TMS for last couple of weeks, I decided I wont fear this pain. Generally when the pain hits me I get into depression mode. This time I said to my self , 'I am not going to fear this pain' 'This pain cant do anything to me' 'Go away'.

Vow in just couple of mins the pain is gone which was constantly hurting me for 5 months now. & I was able to walk free.

Isnt this a good sign that I have TMS?

The pain returned the next day.

So I did the same trick again but it didnt work. Do you ppl think I should address some other emotions ? Each time certain trick is working out for me. Yesterday I vented out all my anger on person who is a jerk in a random discussion board and my pain was gone for 5 hrs. Today when the pain came back, I went and read the same discussion, the pain is gone again. (Everytime I say pain is gone, I mean 75% of my pain eased not 100%)

Atleast for now Shouldn't I be content that I have TMS and one day or in few weeks I will beat this demon out ? :)

IrishSceptic likes this.
  2. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

Any thoughts are most welcome ..

3. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

Keep making a record of these pain 'anomalies', it is crucial for convincing yourself that the pain is indeed TMS!
    seems like magic the first few times it happens

IndiMarshall likes this.
  4. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

And remember 'magic's just science we don't understand yet' Arthur C Clarke

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, IndiMarshall. I definitely believe you are healing thanks to belief in TMS causing your pain.

Your subconscious needs to believe totally that you believe totally 100 percent in TMS.
    It comes and goes to get you to believe.

You may still have some more undiscovered repressed emotions. Try to discover them.
    Journaling is the way to do that.

Meanwhile, keep positive thinking, live in the present, and practice deep breathing.

IndiMarshall likes this.