1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Thanksgiving and Gratitude

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Always nearing the end of November we start to hear a lot about gratitude. Gratitude is more than just being grateful for having seen another day . Gratitude will actually reach out from a persons heart and touch you. The good, positive, thankful love from self and others will be in there character.

Gratitude is about knowing how to find good emotions and sharing them with life and thus others. When we are thankful and just plain smiley faced over our loved ones, family and life in general we give away a happiness that is generated inside our being. We call this Gratitude.

Every person has a personality, attitude and mentality that has to be controlled through thankfulness and simplicity of heart. We learn to cast down arguments and rationalizations, and every high thing that tries to exalt itself above our inner self, the all knowing self.

If we think were owed something and focus on wrongs others have done to us then we will never be able to experience one of our most powerful emotions, Gratitude. Although if you imagine the day full of hope and blessings and actually feel it in your heart and hear the sounds of life all around you- then your thoughts will change and you can enter into Gratitude and peace.

Enter into peace and hope, pick a memory that you have always been grateful for- conjure up the emotions of that memory through imagination and hold your focus for at least 5 minutes reminding yourself how life is so precious and., there’s not a minute to take for granted cause that minute itself is a gift.
    Mindfulness is often an excellent way to enter into the emotion of Gratitude. Remember how you walk your journey is far more important than reaching the destination.

Stop letting thoughts control your day by letting go of any complaints that you might be mentioning to yourself over and over, become aware of the complaints you might have against yourself and rise above those negative thoughts letting go allowing freedom of mind to take control.

Stop the judgments against yourself and stop finding reasons to be upset with yourself. You’ll always feel less than if you keep forgetting Grace. Grace is total freedom of the mind to control as you please. We’ve been blessed with this Power Tool and we need use it wisely.

Jerry Stiller’s dad said that he was feeling fine at the age of 102 cause he didn’t worry or we could say he stayed in gratitude most his life and he learned a secret, anyhow you slice it the beauty is you’re the one with the control button. You can do anything and beat any situation you ever face. With gratitude you will have the energy and mind power to take on any task and this is a free gift given to us to enjoy. Lets enjoy this Gratitude and be thankful. Now we have the keys to creating our future, what more happiness can that bring a heart with hope.

Smile more this week and do it on purpose, a week’s smile will last for months. Mean every thought you have, feel it- mean it with your whole being and become whole again, in balance – back in control of your destiny and enjoy the ride. Were capable now, let’s rest in this gratitude.Cherish each and every day of your life. Its very beneficial to be happy cause you finally know your able too without any burenable thoughts allowed.
    Gratitude is rooted in joy, and thankfulness. This holiday season do it cause you've earned it. Be kind to yourself without fault and you"ll experience a heart full of Gratitude

2. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

What a wonderful piece on gratitude. :)

I really believe what Brene Brown says about gratitude- that having an "attitude of gratitude" isn't enough. She believes in actually practicing gratitude- having a daily practice can change your life etc.

For me I pray out loud every night (or to myself if I'm with my boyfriend ha!) and I always start my prayer with a "thank you." I find something I am thankful for even if I have had a rough day.

I find this lightens my spirits :)

I like what you said about being happy and kind to loved ones around the holidays. I find that if I detach myself a little I can find humor in people who used to annoy me. I like what Walt has said about smiling...

Smiling can be very powerful.

Happy Holidays to you and thanks for sharing this!

Yay!! :)

Miss Lucy

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

Actually, on my gratitude list for today is your reminder to be grateful on a regular basis! I am also grateful to see Eric "Herbie" contributing once again. Hi!

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Herbie, I hope you are well my friend. Fabulous post.

5. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

I just want to say that although I'm going to take a step back due to personal reasons, I am very grateful to have been here, it taught me a lot about myself.
    To the kind and supportive people here - Thank You. Many blessings and good luck on your continued journeys.

Kindly
    Simplicity

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Herbie. Your post on gratitude is terrific and I am so glad you see you posting again. I'm sure others are also glad to read your post and know you are doing so well. I'm very grateful for family and friends, my dogs over the years, and knowing and working with you on our book, GOD DOES NOT WANT6 YOU TO BE IN PAIN. I may soon have some extra money to promote it.

I hope everyone stores your posting on gratitude. I am.

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks to all of you, I am so full of Joy to hear from you all. A warm heart is contagious, bless you all.

Simplicity likes this.