1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42 Thank you

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by HPJM, Sep 15, 2015.

1. HPJM

HPJM New Member

This is the last day of the program. It would be easy to wonder if I'd done it 'perfectly' or whether I need to do another, or how many more books I should read. But I am pleased I actually did it all, I gave it an effort. I don't know it all, but I know enough to keep going. I have improved a lot.

I still have days where I give in to the pain and to the fear, but I am getting better at noticing them. I notice my personality traits and they don't bother me so much. I am more aware of my past and have expressed a lot of the emotions that there were, and seen how they can relate to my TMS. So I have learnt a lot in this program.

I don't think success can be defined absolutely, and I would consider my story so far a success, albeit one that hasn't finished yet. Knowing about TMS has been the only thing that has delivered me from pain on most days, with a promise of eradicating it completely, the fulfilment of which is in my own power. It's funny that what I wanted most-to be pain free, is something I now take for granted. But when I think about it, I appreciate it hugely.

Speaking of appreciation, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who encouraged me, in particular Walt, Jan, and Sunny. Thank you to Forest, and the others for making and contributing to this Wiki and the program. And of course, thank you to John Sarno.

I'll stick around on this forum to help others and write up my story.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, HP JM. It's really great to read about your progress in TMS and the SEP. I appreciate your kind comments and am glad to read that you intend to stay in the forum and help others. I think part of healing, even if not totally, is knowing we are helping others.

Your comment about what you wanted most to be -- pain-free -- is not the main thing you have gotten out of the SEP. I think self-realization is more important and we learn how to deal with our Inner Bully and other issues.

Keep healing and keep in touch. I wish you every happiness.

JanAtheCPA and HPJM like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

HP, you could make this your tag line! Heck, I could make it mine! (but I also like my quote - it suits my identity as an accountant :cool:)

Anyway, Congratulations for finishing the SEP, this is a great post, and I am so happy for you!

We'll look forward to seeing you around, because you have a lot to offer. And you write really well, too! dancea

Jan

HPJM likes this.