1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you to Herbie!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by gypsysoul, Apr 30, 2014.

1. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

I have never posted here but have browsed the site for several years. I became familiar with TMS about 3 years ago after suffering some terrible back spasms. After the back spasms were healed by TMS, anxiety set in, which I now also know is TMS:) anyhow, about 4 days ago I suffered a setback in which my back tensed up and I for some reason couldn't make myself believe it was TMS. I have had a horrible 3 days and nights. Honestly the pain wasn't terrible but my fear of "what if this happens again" or "Maybe it's not TMS" have been pervasive in my mind. I have been having some stressful times at home, and am a consummate perfectionist and worrier so that doesn't help. To top it off, I had a vacation with my girlfriends planned in which I was flying alone with my two toddlers to drop them at my parents house before heading to the beach. I hate flying. Like really hate flying. And then I was terrified that I would have both kids in the airport and suffer a spasm and be incapacitated. So I was a mess today before leaving for the trip. While I was getting ready I somehow stumbled upon an audio discussion between "Herbie" and several others on the topic of Steve O's book. I started listening and then a man called in who sounded like he had the same issues I had with fear and perfectionism and for some reason I started crying and my pain literally started melting away. I am 95% better than I was this morning. I am well versed in TMS and know that's what was wrong with my back but was having lots of doubts, fear and "what ifs" this week. Hearing the reassurance that was given to this sweet man was such a comfort and encouragement to me! I got to the airport and wasn't afraid. I also carried a 35lb baby boy and held a toddlers hand as well as carting two large tote bags through the airport with ease. As I was standing in line for security with probably literally 75lbs of baby and bags hanging from me, I realized that if something were truly wrong with my back I wouldn't be able to do that. I can't tell you what listening to your encouragement and discussion did for me today and I am indebted to you. Do you know how the man who called in is doing? I want to say he may have said he was from Dallas, which is where I am from to. I would love to get in touch w him as a "support buddy" if that's ever done? Thank you again for sharing your knowledge!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome, thank you so much gypsy soul. You have humbled me, Bless you. I am so glad and happy for your breakthrough. You had an a-ha moment and it helped you get through the day in a better way -- this same wisdom will also get you through a lot more days too until you heal all the way.
    I am going to be talking more about this type of fear and then how to overcome it like you did with a style of releasing called re-framing next week on the show and I am going to keep you in mind for sure.
    I love this story of understanding and then just knowing you have the power to do what needs to be done and you did it -- an emotion of faith mixed with a good cry equals release for sure.. This is success my friend.:)
    If you could tel me the show I'd be able to get you the name to the guy that had the issue ok. I know we have Philly Joe often and many others call in so if you can remember the program all ill have to do is here his voice.
    My heart is smiling, I know you had a breakthrough, always know that and never let the wisdom you learn go anywhere but in your mind and heart.
    Thank you again, Wow....

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  3. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

It was a show where you were discussing Steve O's book with another man? The man I'm referring to was likely an older gentleman who had a southern accent. Hadn't been on the TMS wiki and y'all were trying to tell him how to access it. You also introduced him to the concept of mindfulness which he hadn't heard of. He said he struggles w fear, I also remember him saying that he lifts weights or used to lift weights and also that hs hands trembled when he was anxious. Ring a bell at all?

4. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

It was so random bc I found the recording randomly when searching Steve O's book. Not sure if you are religious but I love these little God winks. It makes my grasp of TMS easier.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Awesome, yes I am a christian and Faith has carried me a long way for quite a while now. I love the God winks too. ;). I believe I know who you are talking about. I have his e-mail address. I will mail him tomorrow to see how he's been doing and let him know he has friends that would love to chat with him.
    I can't think of his name right now but I will be able to get back to you tomorrow with his name ok.
    I too understood the tms knowledge a lot better cause of my understanding of the Bible. I will be in touch soon and I wish you a wonderful week ahead.
    Bless you

6. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

Thanks so much! Hoping to have a great weekend w/no Back pain down at the beach! The drive may be interesting hearing all these roads are flooded? Thanks for all you do ! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

:) Thank You, The beach sounds awesome. I will be in touch tomorrow, be careful with the flooding but be powerful in all you do. Those smiles we often do are priceless and they send healing hormones through our body, happiness is healing and happiness is the beach for sure.
    Bless You

8. Leslie735

Leslie735 Well known member

So glad to hear you were able to pull yourself together and get past your fearful thoughts! Good for you!!! :)

9. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

Jay was his name!
    his name!

10. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Herbie deserves a ton of thank yous. Who wouldn't like to have him as a close friend? We need more people like him in this world.

Forest and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

This is such a wonderful exchange of posts and replies.

I echo how helpful Herbie is, and Steve of course.

My favorite author, F. Scott Fitzgerald, said when we aren't sure about the future,
    "Just do the next thing." That will give us something to do until we do the next thing after that,
    and finally arrive where we belong.

For TMS people, doing the next thing can be many choices of things from
    laughing to crying and we know there are lots in between.

The thing is, doing the next thing keeps us from worrying about the worst that can happen.
    The worst rarely ever happens. We know that, too.

12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Awesome, Ok Jay it was. We all know Jay -- he visited for the call ins for about 6 or 7 weeks and now I honestly don't know how to get in touch with him. I have his e-mail but he says he's illiterate to the computer. I have wrote him a few times to see how he was and I can tell he was having a hard time writing me back. We did get him on here at the forum as a member though -- forest helped him get signed up after the show one night.
    Maybe you can write him at this link -- http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/members/jay.1625/

Let us know if you get in touch, Jay is a very good guy for sure and you wanting to give him some encouragement would be awesome. We all need encouragement on a daily basis if you ask me, it just makes us feel better. Simple as that. He did mention he was doing a program about the 4 agreements.
    Bless You

P.S. Keep in touch ok

13. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thanks Steve, that means a lot to me. And thank you too Walt. The thank yous I get fill my heart with joy. I'm literally smiling from ear to ear now like at the end of that movie where they all get there meds mixed up and then they smile for the camera. It was Robin Williams and John Travolta that played in it.
    Steve you forest and Walt -- Becca and Bruce and all that calls in made all of this possible my friend.
    AWESOME -- :)

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  14. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

I listened to more recordings on my drive down the back roads of Bama today. I literally was nodding my head "yes" so many times. I've been pretty well versed in TMS for several years but hearing other people talk about their experiences has been a pivotal point for me. Here is where I am now. No pain (I mean zero, nada), but I have two thoughts 1) can it be this easy just to "let go" of the fear and the pain is gone. (I say easy, but it's actually been several years of back pain/urinary urgency/panic and lots of mental work.) and 2) does anyone feel guilty that we have found the answer and others haven't? Like I'm questioning why I deserve such a gift that others do not have?

Thoughts?

15. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

Thanks Leslie!!!

16. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

I am so enjoying these calls! How are we so lucky to have learned about TMS?

17. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Gypsysoul. Herbie and Becca and Bruce and Leslie and others, me including, are really sincerely happy
    that your back pain went away so fast after believing it was caused by TMS.
    I guess you didn't even have to think if the pain came from repressed emotions or your personality.

Enjoy being pain-free and enjoy knowing how helpful your success story is to others.

18. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

I'm sure I made it seem easy and maybe this was my last hurdle to totally conquer TMS. I've definitely dealt with years of anxiety/back pain/urinary and it's unequivocally my personality. Total perfectionist, complete worrier, control freak.

19. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I love this gypsysoul. You are so smart with your learning's. I am so happy you have found the secret. Yes, no fear equals no pain. :)
    I believe a lot of us that know how to heal feel guilty for those that don't know but you have to be at peace with yourself on this issue cause after a while you will find that most people always think structural ( its in their belief system) the fear and the focus on the body.
    In the world away from the tmswiki world sometimes we get hurt and that causes tension so we have to be careful with this new found power and not let it be a catch 22. Help all who want it for free and those who don't I pray for.
    I am glad you have been putting it together for a while cause you now give hope to those that have been in the battle for a while, not to give up ya know. Thank You my friend. :)
    The more you listen to those recordings the more wisdom will sink into your mind body. Cause really every show we do we try to hit on all the facets it takes to know to heal and I am so happy of our group of educated friends and peers. Some very smart peers from all over the nation.
    I love the way you said lots of mental work, I heard self help all over that. You go and knock those walls down -- walk all over them. You know the answer. Seek and ye shall find and find you did.;) AWESOME.
    You deserve the gift because life knew you would put it to good use. Life knew you we're the one that would lead others to the water of a pain free life.
    Bless You my firend

20. Eric "Herbie" Watson

It is an awesome feeling, I am still pinching myself - :)