1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you TMS Wiki Community: Real Progress

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by David B, Jan 24, 2014.

1. David B

David B Well known member

It was 10 weeks ago I crashed. I couldnt get out of bed due to back and leg pain.

Its been just over 6 weeks since I embraced that I have TMS, ditched the office on my bed and forced myself to get out of bed and started to try to live my life again. Seems like a life time ago because in a way it was.

I started to exercize 2 weeks ago dealing with the pain. Much of which is subsided now

I have cried, yelled, cursed, thought I was never going to feel good again, never would be the same. That last part is true, I wont ever be the same and its for the better. I quit my job to start a new career I have wanted to start for 5 years.

This week I rode a train for 3 hours and was more comfortable sitting than I remember in years. I walked with my normal gate for the first time in months and was ecstatic that my shin and calf were sore the next day because was finally using them normally again.

Funny as this may sound Im beginning to feel grateful for TMS. Im not fully recovered but what a difference. not just physically but mentally and emotionally. I will keep with the program and use the tools after my recovery, as Herbie told me its a life process. I see that clearly now.

We all find our own path if we are patient and persistent.

I thank this Community. I couldnt have found mine without you.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

David B you are doing Great Man -- Wow what a superb Journey so far. I have to say your a real hero.
    You came in got the advice and I don't remember you ever doubting it at all.
    You began to heal from the start because you believed from the start. This is such an inspiration for me.
    Im humbled David B
    Bless You

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

David, I feel the same way about this community. The folks here have been SO very helpful. The support for TMS healing is just amazing.

I am especially happy for you that you're achieving such great success. You've kept an open mind and leaned into your healing. BRAVO!

Keep up the great work!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.