1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 42 Thank you for the program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Judith, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Judith

Judith New Member

Hi,

I just finished the program and it helped me so much. Thank you all for the support.
    I have less pain and I know what to do when the pain is flaring up.

Greetings,
    Judith

Laudisco likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

That's wonderful news, Judith.
    Can you tell us what were the most helpful techniques you learned from the program?
    Did journaling help? Is it repressed emotions or personality causing the symptoms?
    If emotions, what were they?

Hope you don't mind me asking, but it's always helpful to others in the SEP to know
    how it is helping others.

3. Judith

Judith New Member

Hi Walt,

You know my english isn't great, but I'll try to give you a good reply.

What I did:
    • Read The Mindbody prescription from dr. Sarno two months ago.
    • Followed the Structured Education Program.
    • Did a Brandon Bay Journey.
    • Journalled.
    • Searched for hidden emotions and even imagined I was angry when I wasn't feeling any anger.
    • Expressed those feeling by letting the tears flow, punched some pillows while imagening it was a person and just really feel all the emotions.
    • Focusing on how the emoties felt in my body.
    • Try to forgive others and myself. Very difficult, but I tried.
    • Soothed the inner child ( It's oke to feel that way, to have those thoughts and it's gone be alright).
    • Ignored the pain.
    I really don't know what has helped for the best. It all did something. But my guess is that ignoring the pain and the soothing of the inner child are the most important for me. The balans between anger and soothing.

Greetings,
    Judith

Laudisco likes this.
  4. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

That's good to hear Judith! I'm still on the journey to recovery, but your post about what you did is quite useful.

Judith likes this.