1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Text needed from a Dr. Sarno book

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Penny2007, May 26, 2018.

1. Penny2007

Penny2007 formerly Pain2007

In which Dr. Sarno book did he write about the lady who remembered being sexually abused (I think) and her breakdown & recovery. Page number in the book would be very useful or a link to the text on this site or elsewhere.

I'm not sure I still have that particular book and want to re-read it as I feel like I am going through something very similar.

2. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

PP. 130-131 in Healing Back Pain.

3. Penny2007

@Click#7 - I bought the Kindle version but it doesn't show page numbers. What chapter is it in?

Thanks!

4. Click#7

Chapter 6 The Traditional (Conventional) Treatments it's the last 2 pages.

5. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Penny
    He also talks about it in his audio, found on YouTube. It is a 3 1/2 hour audio of him lecturing on the info in the book HBP.
    Lainey

6. Penny2007

Thx everyone. I found it in the Kindle book and it's very useful but it's not the one I was thinking about. I remember a case study of a women who had no memory of her abuse and had a total rage when she remembered which was very therapeutic.

7. Click#7

The story of Helen ?

8. Penny2007

Yes - I think so. Her entire sub-conscience exploded into her conscious in a total melt down. That's what I remember. Which book is that in and what chapter?

9. Click#7

SteveO talks about it in a lot of his videos.....but Sarno talks about her in the Mindbody Prescription on pp. 12-15