1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tension points in the back ? (no pain)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Sacha O., Jun 24, 2016.

1. Sacha O.

Sacha O. Peer Supporter

Hi everyone ! I’ve notice I have some « tension points » on my back. Anytime someone is massaging me, if they press on certain muscles on my back, I have some sort of spasm. It’s not painful, but my body suddenly tense itself and I’m like : whoah, don’t touch that !!

Does anybody have the same thing ? Could it be TMS tension ? I don’t have back pain, but arm, shoulders and neck pain.

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

mike2014 likes this.
  3. Sacha O.

Sacha O. Peer Supporter

Hi plum,
    I've read a few post on this thread, and seeing it was talking about painful trigger points, I did not dig in. Thank you for pointing me @Richsimm22's post : it makes a lot of sense to me. I recall a friend who liked to massage me. He was always telling me I had a couple of knots ins my back, and hated being touched there. Maybe some TMS was bulding itself up.
    Things are going great, thank you for asking. I stopped obsessing over my healing. I think it's paying back. It is summer, so I am taking some time to live. It's sweet. I feel calm.
    Next week, I will start to work on an illustration contract. I am a little bit scared, but hopeful.
    Take care.

plum likes this.
  4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

All the best with the contract sweetheart.
    Cloudwatching here...Summertime is sweet.