1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

tennis rak

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ellie freegan, Jul 14, 2015.

1. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

I am using hitting my bedwith a tennis racket as a method to try to express angerI have a list of things that make me angry and I shoutabout them as I hit I actually hit my duvet folded up on the bed so I don't destroy the bed I think it's quite useful

IrishSceptic and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ellie. Go ahead and beat the crap out of your bed with the tennis racket. I've used a hammer to hit an old stove and release tension or anger that way. That was years ago. Now I know about TMS and can think my way out of emotional stress.

Kathleen likes this.
  3. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

In brief, how do you think your way out of emotional stress...especially since I don't feel I have any.....maybe unconsciously I do.
    Kat

4. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

this is a really good idea. beating pillows is better than beating people!

its exactly like Sarno said. we are all beholden to a standard in society and this is contradicted by our inner conflicts. it becomes more pronounced and problematic in the TMS types, lucky us!

my big issue is effective communication and suffering stuttering when I was little. it has remained in the shadows but sometimes I struggle to get a word out when talking to friends and just remain quiet.

5. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

yes I'd also love to knowhow to do this thank you walt