1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tennis elbow

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mimmyni, Apr 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mimmyni

Mimmyni New Member

Hi!

I’ve had a lot of different kinds of pain conditions. They’ve mostly been nerve pain and they all started from an “accident” of some sort.
    I’ve had nerve pain in my right arm( surgeon cut my nerve), left arm( nerve was injured during blood test), my face( dentist hit a nerve in my cheek). Then a year ago I got scatia just suddenly during yoga class.
    All of these I’ve managed to heal and understand the mind body-reason behind these BUT now I got a tennis elbow. It started after I started journaling to heal my scatia. ( the irony)
    My “problem” is: the doctor ( dunno why I went...) said that there’s inflammation and that because I’ve got some surgical steel in my hand from prefious surgery ( years ago, never bothered me before) that this could be one reason. And after I heard this the pain got worse and started spreading. He also gave me a device to keep on my wrist, but I don’t feel like wearing it. It makes it real and not Tms.
    Anyways, I’ m freaking out a bit, because the pain seems to get worse all the time.
    Any tips, ideas?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Your doctor just gave you a nocebo by giving your brain an excuse to create symptoms in your elbow. TMS symptoms related to old injuries are very common. Just keep moving forward on working on your TMS and don't focus on where the symptoms are. It's all TMS.

3. Mimmyni

Mimmyni New Member

I’ve gotta add; now the pain is really bad and
    Thankyou!
    Now the pain moved again so it’s definitely good old tms. Realizing this it’s almost gone totally. It’s funny how easy it is to fall into old thought patterns when the pain surfaces. Now I’m back in the game and even more confident that the inner (mind) molds all of outer( body, conditions and so on).
    Sending everyone love and light!

Ellen likes this.
  4. Treehugger

Treehugger New Member

I was dx with Tennis Elbow 3 months ago. My elbow started hurting after carrying firewood into the house almost every day this past winter. The pain goes down the back of my arm and it hurts to turn a doorknob or lift something with my left hand. Went to ortho who gave me a small brace and exercises to do. That was over 6 weeks ago and the pain is somewhat better but I still can’t lift anything with my left arm. At the time the pain began I was having some severe anxiety. That got better but I’m still having the pain. I’m thinking that the anxiety was a form of TMS and once I got over that, my brain focused on my arm pain. I’m feeling Pretty good emotionally now but have this pain to deal with. I healed from chronic back pain years ago and over the years have had various forms of TMS that i was able to heal using Dr. Sarno’s principles, This is the first time I’ve had elbow pain. There is no swelling or warmth which would indicate inflammation. I am really on the fence because I do think I hurt it by carrying in all that wood. All the weight was 0n my left arm as I loaded the bag with my right arm. I had an xray with was normal. Should I go back to the doc and get an MRI? He said to come back in 6 weeks if it wasn’t better. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@Treehugger, you will have a better chance of responses if you start your own thread, because this one is five years old, and on the list of threads, it shows that it has already received responses.

On the menu bar, find forums, choose support subforum, and click the blue button that says "post new thread". You can copy the text from this post over to the new post. Then if you would, please come back here and delete this post.