1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tennis ball trick

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alfaman147, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Alfaman147

Alfaman147 Well known member

What are people's opinions on the tennis ball trick. I suffer with tight pelvic muscles all caused by my stupid brain. Sitting on a tennis ball and rolling on it really feels good. Now some say this is counter productive but some say if it helps do it. Surely if I know the pain is psychological then trying to ease the symptoms can only be beneficial. At the end of the day I feel if I can get some relief it is better than being in pain all day. But I'm confused because I think I beat this last time by doing nothing. Stopped reading books. Stopped going on these forums. Sure it's a rough ride.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

But I'm confused because I think I beat this last time by doing nothing. Stopped reading books. Stopped going on these forums. Sure it's a rough ride.[/QUOTE]

Your statement there sums it up very well, almost perfect. Many people on here search endlessly and add the obsession to there problem. They can't let go and accept tms in its basic form. They think there the exception or fear over every new symptom.

You will heal soon with your previous healing experience. Your body is fine by attacking it you think there is a physical problem when there isn't one. It really depends on why your doing the physical, which only you will honestly know.

Ryan

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Rolling on a tennis ball at a pressure point to suck in some O2, will not do any harm--BUT, read a TMS book while you're doing it. Your pain probably went away the first time, because your emotional stressors lessened, lowering your "RESERVOIR OF RAGE" from overflowing. Your sub-C gremlin no longer needed to create psychosomatic TMS symptoms, as a protective defense mechanism.

You will continue getting structural and affective symptoms until you do the so called, "TMS WORK". This amounts to nothing more then reading a TMS book-- AND--intellectually understanding "THE THEORY". With practice, by engaging in activities you formerly were afraid of and avoided, your confidence will grow. Your Sub-C will absorb the KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN, your conscious mind will be in charge and your symptoms will fade.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  4. MikeInFlorida

MikeInFlorida New Member

I used to do this for my tight hip muscles. I'd lay on a tennis ball for close to half an hour. It felt good and maybe loosened things up a little, but they became tight again the next day. Eventually I gave up, and incidentally stopped worrying about it too. Magically the hip pain disappeared once I paid it no mind. This was before I knew anything about Sarno.

5. Alfaman147

Alfaman147 Well known member

Thanks tom. I will do the tennis ball trick. At least I can try and help myself while helping my mind.