1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 Telling Others Of TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 49C2, Nov 5, 2019.

1. 49C2

49C2 New Member

So I'm on day 16 and I'm excited. Yesterday I got a diagnosis of TMS by a doctor who worked with Dr. Sarno. For the past 3 weeks I was back and forth a lot about whether I believed I had TMS, but I continued on the SEP anyway because I thought it was helping me in all aspects of life.
    Today (Day 16) asks about telling people you have TMS. Over the past few weeks, I have discussed it with a few of my doctors and co-workers as well as my family. I've gotten mixed reactions. Some of my doctors said that they believed in the mind causing physical symptoms, but most don't believe it is the only thing causing the symptoms. I think most of my doctors believe that an initial injury causing the pain and then the mind takes over and feels it remains hurt long after you're healed.
    My hardest challenge now is that my wife does not believe in TMS at all. I've shown her interviews with Sarno, asked her to read articles, but still she refuses to believe. This is difficult because she looks at me funny when I sit to journal or to work on the SEP.
    Has anyone had a spouse who didn't believe?