1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 Telling others about TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by hecate105, Jul 8, 2013.

1. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I have told my husband and he has read some of the stuff on here and in Sarno's book. He is very supportive as he has always thought I would get well one day (he kept oiling my walking boots for 15 years!) and he is convinced that we create our own reality anyway.
    I told my mum, who is reading Sarno's book, but I feel she may be humouring me for the moment... Her husband came in and closed the door so that he couldn't hear our conversation - so that shows what he thinks!
    I told my best friend (who is crippled with MS and many awful symptoms) and she was quite supportive and interested, so that was good.
    I haven't told wider family or other friends yet, as I want to get well and strong before having to deal with their probable disbelief.
    My father-in-law has just been told to have yet another op on his ankles - he lives in severe pain and they never seem to cure it (sound familiar folks!) so I am going to give him the Ozanich book to read - I don't know whether he will think - "wow, lets give that a try", or whether he will throw the book across the room and swear!!

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

It is wonderful to hear that you have received such supportive responses from people. Different people will react to hearing about TMS in different ways. While having people be supportive of it can be very encouraging to your own treatment, it is important to not let how other people react affect your own believe level. By the way, giving people SteveO's book is a great call. Personal accounts like his are tremendously powerful.