1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 Telling others about TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Rubineo, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Rubineo

Rubineo New Member

Good morning,

I want to share my thoughts of day 16 of the SEP with you.

Since starting this program have you told anyone about your condition and TMS?

Yes. I explained my wife why I think it could be TMS instead of another serious illness. She also read the book “Healing back pain” due to her back and neck problems. But she is the only one. Other people like friends or family members just think I had lyme disease and my condition is the unchangeable post lyme syndrome.

Why or Why not?

I think I wanted to get some support in times where I´m doubting the diagnosis and where I´m getting fear and scared. Unfortunately in the end I have to believe in the diagnosis – not my wife. But anyway I think that was my intention.

If you have how did they react?

She thought it could be true for me. Especially due to the fact that the pain is moving and changing more or less every day. Sometimes that makes me angry because I feel that she doesn´t take me serious when she tells me “Calm down – it´s only TMS.” It´s difficult – but I trust her and she helps me building up my belief in TMS.

Christian

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good insights, Christian! I'm not married anymore, so I have to be my own spouse and tell myself to calm down ;-)