1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TEDx talk by Dr. Lissa Rankibn...can we heal ourselves? (yes!)

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by veronica73, Dec 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I loved this!

tarala likes this.
  2. tarala

tarala Well known member

That was brilliant. Thanks Veronica.

3. Lori

Lori Well known member

Excellent talk; love the whole health cairn.

Lissa is great. I subscribe to her daily "inner pilot light" emails. I'm looking forward to her new book.

I believe there's another TED talk she gave as well.

4. Ftaghn!

Ftaghn! Peer Supporter

This is the bright and hopeful messages of someone who wants to sell something. I know this is not a fun answer, but go have a look around at her site. 12 grands mentorship programs, "special diet" programs "(Fix your X in SIX SIMPLE PAYMENTS!"), a work experience almost exclusively in integrative medicine, and only one year of work in a real clinic setting. I am naturally skeptical, and she sets off every alarm.

It's shameful that she's featured on usually legit outlets like Psychology Today. This is the kind of practitioner that, by association, threatens the validity of genuine "fringe" treatments. I'm still looking for sources for stuff from her talk.

5. Lori

Lori Well known member

I think Lissa reinforces how the mind/emotions affect the physical body - and I'm already a firm believer in that.

:)

Warm hugs to everyone!

6. Chuck

Chuck Peer Supporter

The first 10 minutes of this were really interesting, but I was also turned off by her mentorship program, and also the inner pilot light part of it. I understand the science behind the placebo and nocebo affect, but I think she goes a step to far for my liking. It could be that I'm just not the biggest fan of TED talks, but she also set off some alarms for me, especially when I checked out her website.

I would, however, still like to look at the studies she mentioned. Some of them sound really similar to the ones that Dr. Schubiner mentioned in his presentation at the NYC conference.