1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Targeting pain area

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by whitebeach, Jan 7, 2016.

1. whitebeach

whitebeach New Member

I seem to have multiple pain locations. Should I be targeting the area in some specific way. Back, feet, stomach etc

2. Bex

Bex Newcomer

I'm not sure I'm best placed to answer this but I'll give it a go.

"Think Psychological

I tell my patients that they must consciously think about repressed rage and the reasons for it whenever they are aware of the pain. This is in contradiction to threatening thoughts and feelings to deny the pain its purposeā€”to divert your attention from those feelings. When the pain is severe, it is difficult to concentrate on feelings, but you must regard the process as a contest in which your conscious will is pitted against the unconscious, automatic reactions of the brain."

If you only focus on one particular pain site in a particular way, you are only likely to tackle part of the problem.

mike2014 likes this.
  3. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

JanAtheCPA gave this advice in another thread and it helped me a lot; adopting this view fully was one of the things that lead to a breakthrough for me in my recovery.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    mike2014 likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Agree with the posts above. The place to target is your mind, not your body.

Simplicity and mike2014 like this.
  5. whitebeach

whitebeach New Member

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!