1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tapping

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Sienna, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Hello everyone,

I recently learnt about the tapping technique which is very much in line with how we approach TMS (working through the subconscious mind).
    I recommend you to watch some videos on youtube and visit this site:

http://www.thetappingsolution.com/2014event/

Currently there is an annual summit with free videos,audios and inspiring meditations.

I hope you find it helpful.

Good luck!!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Sienna. I love Tapping. I have all of the videos coming to my mail box daily. I'm going to watch them this weekend. I love DR. Wayne Dyer and Louise Haye. Nick Ortner and his wife. These guys and gals really know their stuff and it if very informational. Thank You for the reminder. Your simply Awesome.

3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Just tried that little introduction to tapping video and couldn't help but be struck by how close the mechanics of tapping in EFT are to the technique of bilateral stimulation used in EMDR to break up the primitive scanning for danger reflex in the brain stem. Like there might be something similar going on in both kinds of power therapies? I know there are a lot of affirmations used here in EFT but at a functional level the tapping distracts you from obsessing on the TMS pain, for example, in your back or wherever. The tapping seems to short circuit the flight/flight/freeze response that keeps your TMS pain going on and on.

Just a few stray observations off the cuff! The neuroscientists out there may disagree, but I do notice similarities between EFT tapping on the meridians and EMDR bilateral stimulation with hand passes back and forth in front of the eyes or sounds alternating in head phones between the left and right ears.

Makes me wonder whether EFT and EMDR can both be applied to healing trauma and PTSD?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, they both do heal trauma. Bruce MC. I have a recording of Nick Ortner wife teaching how to tap away pain with a neuro scientist. Its pretty cool. If your interested I could send you a copy. Its from the world tapping summit in 2010.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I too use tapping and found it works. It has a lot of TMS healing to it.

The tapping videos are great. They really show how it's done and its successes.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Herbie and I write a little about tapping in our new book, out soon.
    Here is one section of several:

Robert Smith’s faster EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy), a form of tapping to relieve our pain. Walt talks more about tapping in his Chapter 7.

Now take a deep breath and think again of a great time you had in your life -- like relaxing on a beach for instance -- and really feel it. Now think on this thought for 30 seconds. Can you remember the negative thought? I didn’t think so. But if you do, then go ahead and use advanced reframing like taking the tranquil beach picture in your mind and feeling it in your body. Blow it up, make it bigger, then say “I release” and let go. By that simple affirmation we’re telling our brains what to do, and it works.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I wrote this on tapping, for Herbie's and my book:

Tapping involves the ancient Chinese meridians of acupuncture together with affirmations. Affirmations are positive thoughts or words you tell yourself such as:

I feel calm and relaxed

I have no pain

I’m healthy

I am strong and healthy.

I’m at peace with myself and everyone

I forgive myself and everyone

Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better.

I’m not worried about anything.

My mind is at peace.

You can watch free videos on how to tap and what to say while tapping if you go online to the YouTube web sites of Robert G. Smith. It’s free and from the tapes you’ll see, it has worked for thousands of people.

When and where do you tap and with what do you tap?

1. Think of a pain or repressed emotion such as a bad childhood memory or financial worries, something that causes anxiety, anger, fear, or any other negative feeling. Imagine that feeling on a scale of from one to ten, the higher the better.

2. Begin tapping over your eye five to seven times with your index finger and the finger next to it while saying out loud (not silently) some positive affirmations such as “Even though I feel this pain, I deeply and completely accept myself. I release and let it go. It’s okay to let it go. All sadness, fears, all emotional trauma, stress, anxiety.”

3. Tap at the side of the eye, and repeat step 2.

4. Tap below the eye, and repeat step 2.

5. Tap on the collar bone (where a necklace is worn) and repeat step 2.

6. Squeeze a wrist, then repeat step 2.

7. Take a deep breath through the nose, hold it a few seconds, then let it out through the mouth, and say “Peace.”

Smith also suggests imagining a tree and you’re pulling it out by the roots. The tree represents the bad emotion in you and when you pull up its roots the tree dies and so does the bad emotion -- it goes away.

Feel the emotion, tap it, release it, let it go. Keep tapping until the pain or memory of a bad emotion is gone. Go back and imagine the scale of your anxiety, anger, fear or other negative emotion and see if it has gone down from ten.

If it has gone down but is not totally gone, repeat the tapping and affirmations until it is. This could take minutes or longer. If the bad feeling or pain goes away but comes back later, tap again.

Tapping tells the unconscious mind you are ridding yourself of the pain or bad emotion. It is another way to practice TMS. Physically tapping helps many people to be pain-free faster.

If you tap about the pain or other stress, the relief you feel may not be permanent. To be rid of the pain completely you must address the root cause of the pain or other problem. That involves the TMS approach to healing… discovering the repressed emotion and thinking of that as you tap each acupuncture meridian.

8. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Herbie, I already knew that, but wanted you to say that again to emphasize the point! Sure, go ahead and send me that audio of Nick Ortner's wife teaching the neuro-scientist how to do EFT tapping.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.