1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Talking to myself....

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Crissyxox, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Okay! I had to laugh this morning....I literally am talking and having full conversations with my brain out loud to quiet some of my doubt with affirmations. And it's funny because I have had a huge reduction in symptoms or can literally talk a symptom away.

At first I wanted to make fun of myself but quickly realized that that is just more a abusive behaviour towards myself. It's totally ok that I am talking to me. It's what I need because this tms thing has got a strong hold on my body. And...I kind of like me.... :)

I know many of you can probably relate but I needed to publicly acknowledge my self love this morning so I can reinforce it.

I'm so proud of me. I can't stop thinking and saying it.

Tennis Tom and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Self talk and showing your inner child that she's in a safe, caring and warm place is very important in healing. I have started practicng loving-kindness meditation which i'm finding partculary beneficial.

angelic333, Simplicity and Crissyxox like this.
  3. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Thanks Mike. You are so right. I have a lot of years where I have been very abusive to myself and called it my survival. That's not the case. I survived because I am strong and I deserved to. Being mean and hard on myself I got a lot done and many things accomplished but also ruined myself emotionally. It's a pattern of behaviour that I know will be super tricky for me to fix but I believe in myself and I know I will get there. I have a very supportive partner and two beautiful children to be healthy with.

angelic333 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Crissyxox,
    How wonderful to read this quote. I get that you are enjoying some new discernment in your life. Congrats!! And good luck on your TMS journey.
    Andy B.

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful!!!

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Excellent i learned something today good for you

7. angelic333

angelic333 Peer Supporter

Those survival skills were necessary at one time in our lives but no longer serve us in adulthood. Good for you to put them to rest.
    God bless...

mike2014 likes this.
  8. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Great point. :)

9. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

10. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Talk to yourself like you would talk to someone you love.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I talk to myself too at times. I find relaxation in telling myself problems are nothing to worry about and laugh it off.

12. Crissyxox

Crissyxox Peer Supporter

Great points. I think that's the first step to comforting my inner child. It's so foreign to me I have to literally do it out loud to make sure I actually do it. Haha.