1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 Talking back pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MrPositive248, Mar 21, 2017.

1. MrPositive248

MrPositive248 New Member

I’ve never told anyone about my TMS for many reasons. I am still learning about it and cannot give a perfect explanation. I don’t need the stress of people thinking I’m a little bit crazy (again). I don’t want to have to explain myself. I feel I’m making myself vulnerable when I discuss a problem like this. They have no right to know and I’ve got to put myself first. I don’t want hear any arguments to the contrary right now. I’ve only been pain free for 2 days. I believe Dr. Sarno was right when he said most people are not prepared to hear it.

If asked I just say the back is fine or ok and leave it at that. Most people really don’t like to hear you talk about your bad back anyway, they want you to listen to them go on and on about theirs

HattieNC likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MrPositive. I think it's great that you have been without pain for two days. It looks like believing in TMS is helping you a lot. I've told a few friends and relatives about TMS and they listen but I doubt they practice it.
    You're right that most people still believe in pain killers their doctors give them, even though they may give temporary relief or none at all and can even make pain worse.

I suggest you don't tell anyone about TMS. Or if you do, don't let their skepticism bother you. Ignore it.

I follow the advice of a neighbor. When I moved into the house next to hers she said, "Don't tell me your problems, and I won't tell you mine."

Besides believing in TMS causing back or other pain, I have found Voltaren Gel to be very helpful.
    I rub a little on my back and the pain goes right away. I think the pain is caused by emotional stress
    which I'm also working on. The gel has to be gotten from a doctor or other health care provider,
    not over the counter. It's great stuff, as is TMS knowledge.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I understand. I completely healed. 4 1/2 years now from crippling, bed- ridden pain.
    I even wrote a book about it and my family still believes I just healed, no reason,
    no rhyme, just healed.
    I never will understand that about my friends and family. Most of them are in
    excruciating pain.
    I offer advice but it's like I'm talking to a wall. The lights Are on, but nobody's
    turning up the volume to listen and learn.
    I learned to be at peace with my reactions, my inner chatter and how to
    Control that part of my thinking.
    I then said affirmations and thought clean the rest of the time.
    I journeld and about 6 months in I noticed a massive difference, I was pain free.
    You will do the same. I found out I don't have to tell anyone not interested, it's
    On them.
    I have to be at peace with them not caring how to heal, and I am.
    I am doing great too. At a time though. I would get frustrated, but that frustration
    Illicited my repression. I had to heal there finally by feeling that frustration.
    Or just knowing it's there. You will too. Keep us posted.
    Bless you