1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Take Your Time To Enjoy Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Just think of all the times we have set on the couch or laid in bed or searched the internet trying to find an answer to some pain we might have in the elbow or knee or ear. I remember all of those endless Google searches and how I always seemed to find the exact symptoms I was having in just about every ailment on the net. Now I know that most of us wait till we really do have an ache somewhere but just think. If you just ignored it completely for a day or two " This Ache" then maybe you wouldn't have that symptom come Friday.

I know we can find other things to do other than being in fear that this new pain has to be or might be the deadliest catch of all. This is an extreme way to put it but as we all know the net can give you some pretty unusual symptoms.

Last year after the Doctors told me I had Rocky Mt. Spotted tic fever I did go to do some research on it and I soon found out why I never go to the net to find anything about aches or pains in my body. The way it said id be in a year long battle at least and all the other negative talk made me think. If I read this and then agree with it, well, tic fever or not I'm still going to feel all of these symptoms. So I stopped looking quickly and took the antibiotics my Dr. prescribed.

When I went back to my next check up he couldn't believe how much better I was and thought I'd be in a lot worse shape. I should have been in overall body pain he said but see I didn't go by his beliefs. I didn't study up on the symptoms ( no more than the thought of being sick for a year and I did not agree with that). I didn't know I was supposed to have overall body pain. Glad I didn't see that symptom.

I went home and relaxed. I laughed and let the good times roll. I took vitamins yes and I loved more than I ever have in my life. I wanted to tell the DR. it was because I did the exact opposite of what he prescribed me to do -- but I didn't. No use in that ya know. He wanted me to just rest in bed, I did rest but I also took long walks and exercised.

I occupied myself here helping others and when I wasn't here I was outside in nature letting the sun heal my body and mind, the fresh air in a daily walk is priceless. I kept my thoughts clean and didn't ponder death or dying. I thought about how beautiful the sky was and how important it was for me to know my little animals. I prayed more and slept a bit more than usual and that was how I got better quicker than the DR. ever thought possible.

Its also the way we heal from any symptom ya know. Our bodies have a built in healing mechanism if we don't hinder it by "Symptom Checking"

I believe we can conjure up any symptom with our mind if we look hard enough and get enough evidence from the net to back it up. Go and love more, live more, think more on happy thoughts and have gratitude this will keep you well a lot more than looking for a problem. The old paradigm that you will get what you look for still holds true. So look for health and healing, peace and relaxation. release those thoughts of fear and doubt, we have this life -- make it your best life now.

Take your time to stop and smell the roses, literally -- we have become to fast paced and we often over look the blessings we have in life. If anyone else here can do it so can I and so can you. We need not be anxious all the time and think its not going to catch up with us. Soon those anxious thoughts will envelope you and then you will have to slow down on purpose. If you want to get better -- Take your time in all you do. Enjoy every minute of every moment of every day. Smile.
    Bless you

Balsa11, Msunn and LindaRK like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A wonderful positive uplifting post, Herbie. I mean, another one from you.

I wish to God I had known about Dr. Sarno and TMS 40 years ago. It would have turned my life into a less
    stressful direction and without tranquilizers. But God had a plan for me to find my own way (with His help)
    through anxiety in the years that followed, and if I hadn't gone in the direction that stress led me,
    I would never have written 40 books or may not even have found my way to TMSWiki and you so we
    could write our book. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Our lives are so very "circuitous," one thing
    leading to another.

I thank God that I was given the pain that led me to Dr. Sarno, TMS, and TMSWiki. It has changed and
    enriched my life and faith beyond measure.

I am still learning to, as you say, "Enjoy every minute of every moment of every day."

I wish I could shout this from the rooftops. I will be, with the book you and I will be holding in
    our hands any day now.

Cheers and love to everyone on the TMSWiki.

Walt