1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Take two

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jonjon, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Jonjon

Jonjon New Member

I realised yesterday during my Day 9 journaling that the onset of my eye strain developed after a lengthy layout and reconditioning of a hip and back issue that I had. The day before my first game back after a long time out, my eyes just gave in at work and the glasses that I had been using worked no longer.
    Since then, I have still had hip issues and have been quite conservative about the exercise that I have done. I went away traveling for 5 months and came back with a great interest once again in strength training and running. My back has tightened up again and it has affected my hip and my hamstring. I have realised that the two types of strain are probably linked and causing me a lot of mental strain among other things.
    I used to aspire to play football professionally, and I guess having back and hip issues, along with the fact that I lacked confidence when playing, finished those aims of playing at the highest level.

Any general thoughts, advice or questions would be much appreciated!

Have a good day team.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jonjon. Football, whether amateur or pro, is becoming considered one of the most dangerous sports.
    My chiropractor said he can't watch it, seeing the football-playing patients he gets. You love the sport, but if it is so hard on your body now, think what further damage it could cause.

My best friend damaged his back playing football in prep school and spent the rest of his life in pain.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but these are my general thoughts.