1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Take two

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jonjon, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Jonjon

Jonjon New Member

Hey guys,

I'm up to day 8 of my second time round (I stopped doing the program because I was travelling for 5 months).
    I know for sure that things are definitely better than when I first found out about TMS, and I can definitely control certain symptoms/conditioning due to my positive mentality. I do find it hard at times (even though I know that it's psychologically driven) to let go, not care and let it be. I still feel quite up-tight and tense in general, and I guess maybe because it's my second time round, I know what to expect or what's out there?

Any help and thoughts would be much appreciated!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jonjon. A strong total belief in TMS is essential in healing. Focus on that, and be grateful for your positive mentality. Here is a post from another TMSWer, to give you confidence:

"I often get pain in my stomach as a TMS symptom. Last night I felt it coming on after I laid down to sleep. I asked myself what emotions I was feeling, then took several breaths directed at the spot that hurt, and it was gone in minutes! I slept peacefully all night and woke up without any pain. – wife and mother of two young children.