1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Take two

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jonjon, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Jonjon

Jonjon New Member

I have had eye strain for over a year and a half. I almost completed this program before travelling for five months, and throughout the time away the strain increased and I think my mentality towards it and positivity most often faded. I learnt a lot from the last time about how to mentally think about the pain and strain and in terms of believing in the fact that it is psychologically driven, however, I still haven't been able to eliminate it. I think the main thing that holds me back is fear - that it may not go away or affect me whilst studying or during future jobs, or even just in general during certain activities. I know that this mentality reinforces it. I think it's more a matter of breaking that cycle of thinking and reframing the way I think and believe.

Alibumbayay likes this.
  2. Alibumbayay

Alibumbayay New Member

Hi Jonjon, It's good you are back in this program! I find visiting here daily (or almost every day--I take some days off) is helpful for reinforcing my faith in my TMS diagnosis. There are so many great people on the forums and good success stories that inspire me to stick with it and keep on with another day of the Structured Education Program. I'm on day 15 and my sciatica pain has greatly lessened but still persists, albeit dully. I'm working on figuring out how to think (or not think?) about my reaction to the persistent pain so that it goes away forever. Good luck to you and I look forward to reading your progress!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jonjon. You've figured it out correctly... fear of pain perpetuates the pain. You need to boost your belief in TMS to 100 percent, that your emotions are causing your pain, and it is not caused by anything structural. You know this from medical checkups. Now you just need to believe it. Maybe reinforce your belief in TMDS by watching some TMS healing videos on Youtube. Dr. Sarno and others are very inspirational.