1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 12 Synopsis

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sean, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

An abridged version of TMS journey...Emotionally Traumatic event brings down the goodist...goodist reacts by (over) compensating/avoiding dealing with emotions through exercise...unconscious worries this is not going to suppress the emotions so TMS/PPD...upon realizing this (through MBS perspective) conscious says I get it...however, we are not gonna deal with it through TMS/PPD...my mantra, particularly when exercising, is some iteration of "no way we are dealing with things this way"...there has been progress...dancea

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sean. Congrats on the progress. Your mantra is good.

I'm 85 and get most of my exercise by chores in and around the house. This morning I bit the bullet and took down the storm door at the front door and replace it with the screen door so I can get fresh air in the house after the long winter. I was reluctant to do it because it's work, but did it and feel great for having pushed myself. I felt no pain from the lifting.

So yes, exercise despite pain is needed for healing.