1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 11 SymptomsQuestion

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wannarun, May 27, 2015.

1. wannarun

wannarun Peer Supporter

Feeling a little defeated from yesterday, I told myself I was going to focus on my favorite memories. For me one of my happiest memories was snorkeling at molokini crater in Hawaii on my honeymoon. Anytime, I started to feel pain I was going to try and think of that moment.

I swear about mid morning my pain started to let up. I came back this evening, but it was weird it was almost like the area of my pain sort of relaxed. For a good part of the day I was able to relax this area.

The weird thing was I started to get this panic attack/anxiety. I felt it mostly in my chest. It was really odd. I know TMS is supposed to move around. A few other times in this process I felt like I would get really anxious for no reason. Just wondering if others had a similar experience as they started to get their pain to relent.

2. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

That seems like a great strategy, wannarun. I'll have to try it. One of my favorite memories is hiking to this gorgeous lake in Glacier National Park a couple years ago. It was a very difficult hike but I remember the endorphins when I finally arrived. I felt so alive and in awe of my surroundings. I'd love to visit Hawaii one day. I'm glad that you found some relief, even if for a short time.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS symptoms do move around, especially when our subconscious thinks we are finding the emotional causes of our pain. This could be a very good sign that you are recovering. Keep thinking that. It helps a lot.

Don't worry about anxiety or having a panic attack. It's just your subconscious at work. Keep at the SEP program. You're doing great.