1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Symptoms that Jump Around

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cirrus_14, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Cirrus_14

Cirrus_14 Newcomer

In the past two weeks I have seen my pain jump around a lot, including new symptoms that seem to be kind of related to symptoms that I was already experiencing, but not really. Every time I get a ‘new’ symptom, I freak out that I may really be injured (which may be why the TMS is deciding to do this) but then I just try to remind myself that this is just further proof that this really is TMS. The other day, I developed very severe tingling down my left arm (to a degree I have never experienced before) and then on top of that my hand started twitching! I was so scared, but then I reminded myself that TMS can jump around to try and keep its hold on you, so I ignored it. Luckily, it passed since I didn’t give it much attention and the hand twitching has not occurred again. I still am having trouble convincing myself that my pain is due to TMS and not some sort of injury that just hasn’t been discovered or treated properly. I guess it will just take time to fully accept the diagnosis, but I do feel like the pain has a lot less of a hold on me then it used to, so I will count that as progress. Anyone else experience symptoms jumping around like mine? How have you dealt with these new, scary symptoms?

2. MellieV

MellieV Peer Supporter

Hi, Cirrus. I am on Day 21 and just last week I developed an eye twitch. I just knew it was TMS because my other pain was subsiding. Sure enough, I applied my new way of thinking and it was gone in less than a week. I also had a weird chest thing right before that, but I am now understanding that my brain knows how to completely scare the shit out of me with physical problems, so I remind myself of just that! Before I even started the program, mine jumped from my feet, knees and back, not to mention jumping all around my knees (back, front, sides, one knee worse than the other).
    You might be encountering your "triggers" when your new symptoms crop up. I know I was. Maybe ask yourself what was going on those days, or what you are thinking or feeling when they do. Try to write about it, or even just be conscious of it. I hope it helps!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Cirrus. I like Mellie's reply to you. It's great to know that her eye twitch went away so fast through some TMS MindBody thinking. I had severe bck pain that moved around and it went away when I realized that t hat's what the subconscious does, to make us discover the emotions that are causing our pain. Try to believe more, 100 percent, in TMS emotions causing your pains. Then they will go away.