1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Symptoms moving around

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lilibet, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Lilibet

Lilibet Peer Supporter

The Question to Ponder today is whether my pain has moved around in the past two weeks and whether this helps convince me that I have TMS.

Yes, various symptoms have moved around. My back is pretty consistently painful and has increased at times. I also had a few days of extreme elbow pain that is now gone. My knee also bothered me for a day. Longterm painful thumb joints ebb and flow. Severe depression comes and goes. The past couple of days I have had digestive issues and boils threatening to make an appearance.

This certainly does help convince me that this is TMS.

I have a long history of odd and random pains, ailments, issues or complaints. Whenever I try to be conscientious and have them checked out by a doctor, there is either nothing wrong, or once I get I diagnosis, the symptom soon eases after I "do something" about it (except for my back). But as Roseanne Roseannadanna (Gilda Radner) used to say, "It's always something." That's really a main TMS symptom, isn't it! :)

2. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Me too. It really is amazing to me how many of these random ailments I've had, which I now realize were stress related. It's funny that I connected things like migraines and insomnia to stress, but not other physical ailments, such as stomach distress and severe itching. It really is always something!

Lilibet likes this.
  3. Lilibet

Lilibet Peer Supporter

After my back pain started in 2007, my husband made a list of all the physical ailments that had popped up in the previous couple of years. He could see clearly that they were stress-related, so he decided that we should make some adjustments to our very stressful (to me, not him) lifestyle. It worked, and by the end of a year, even my back pain had almost disappeared.

Unfortunately, the deeper issues were still there, so now I'm addressing those five years later. But it's never too late. :)

gailnyc likes this.