1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Symptoms get worse at night?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Davideus85, Feb 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Davideus85

Davideus85 Peer Supporter

Does anyone else notice their symptoms reach their peak at night? I don't know why, but my pain always starts relatively mild when I wake up and gets progressively worse as the day goes by. By night, the pain is absolutely unbearable. Is this usually how TMS works?

2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

The mind-body connection (TMS) is unique to each individual. We all react differently to heightened emotions. That said, it's definitely not uncommon for the symptoms to worsen at night. It's also not uncommon for other people to have different experiences.

Do you find that you're getting more stressed as the day goes on? Do you wake up feeling well-rested? I'm sorry that you feel the pain is unbearable. How are you managing your daily emotions? Do you feel safe? Are there things you look forward to?

3. Davideus85

Davideus85 Peer Supporter

I've been under tremendous emotional stress. I've been unemployed for the last year since COVID started. I've been extremely isolated and lonely and not sure what to do with myself. As the day goes on, I just feel more and more lonely, and incredibly frustrated at my lack of productivity. I don't really have anything to look forward to.

4. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

@Davideus85, all that absolutely can make symptoms increase as the day goes on. I am very sorry you are going through that. Are there any resources available to you? Do you have anyone you can talk to during the day or a pet? Do you believe that your situation will improve? Are there any coping skills that help? How do you structure your day?