1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Symptoms changeup

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ikiwismet, Aug 5, 2019.

1. ikiwismet

ikiwismet New Member

Yes, my pain has been moving around a bit the last couple of weeks. My mind seems to be seeking a replacement for the hip and leg pain. That pain has diminished but not left town yet. Meanwhile old friends return for brief visits, shoulder, elbow, and the head all trying out for the role of fear monger. Also frequent urination is having a go at occupying my attention. I'm being a bit flip because it's so transparent to me, yet it persists.

2. LaineyVeganseed

LaineyVeganseed Peer Supporter

Day 15 for me today. Can totally relate to your post. Pain in my foot and hip comes and goes depending on how I feel about what is happening. Urination is definitely a sign that I am "pissed off" about something... sometimes it is at myself for some choice I wished I would not have made, so then I need to practice self-forgiveness. I hope the rest of your August was better!

ikiwismet likes this.
  3. crookedintheuk

crookedintheuk New Member

I believe my current lowerback/pelvic/leg pain are relatively new symptoms for the same underlying problem. I had my knee reconstructed in 2016 (I had ruptured two ligaments, tore the meniscus and fractured the tibial plateau). I kept hitting a wall with my recovery. I went back to the consultant, convinced there was further damage from the strength exercises I had been doing. After having another MRI scan, the consultant ruled out any structural issues and advised me to progress with my physio. Obviously I was baffled, but continued my treatment with a different physiotherapist. Eventually, I got signed off from the physio once I had resumed running again, having managed to run a series of 5k runs, including a personal best of under 24 mins. It was as soon as I got signed off from this physio that my back flared up. Only now, in hindsight, have I recognised that both of these types of pain come from the same mental source.

Reading about TMS has been quite an eye opener. I completely accept it as a concept, but I do get the opinion people think I'm a loony when I mention it to them. Hahaha.

Anyway, stay optimistic and keep persevering. We will get there.

ikiwismet likes this.