1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Symptoms & anxiety

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by KevinB, Apr 14, 2018.

1. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Does anxiety cause symptoms or do symptoms cause anxiety? Seems they feed one another. Hard to get out of it once it hits. I start focusing on symptoms, running all the worst-case scenarios.... I have MS, I have ALS.... (I HATE dr. Google).... then anxiety starts to run wild. That exacerbates the symptoms and usually gives rise to other symptoms. Today, for instance, my lips and tonogue started feeling numb.... ugh. I did drink too much coffee, which I’m sure didn’t help. Guess just wanted to put this out there, get it off my chest.

2. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

For me it's both.
    e

3. Ewok2

Ewok2 Peer Supporter

Steve Ozanich is always clear that’s it’s the anxiety or panic first then symptoms next but it sure doesn’t feel that way, does it?!

KevinB likes this.
  4. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Had anxiety for years and was not aware of it had many symptoms that were clearly TMS but did not realise it until i read Sarnos books. Def Anxiety then symptoms. I read and re read Sarno when i have symptoms and they disappear

KevinB likes this.