1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Symptom Imperatives

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowtimecoach, Jan 15, 2014.

1. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hi everyone,
    I should probably be posting on the other forum but I have a soft spot in my heart for those going through this program since I did it myself.
    So I definitely have TMS ON THE RUN!! I have never in my life been happy about joint/knee pain! But since embracing TMS and learning all I can about it… I can recognize this current pain as a symptom imperative. I've taken up running again - which for me is really Wogging… a blend of walking and jogging. But the other day I had such pain in my knees, during, after and upon awakening - Now, I'm not going out and doing any 20 milers or anything - just a couple of miles - with some hills. In the past I've been diagnosed with chondromalacia for the knees - so i have babied them,PT, etc. etc. What is noticeable about this pain is the lack of muscle soreness! Its all joint and I know that joints and tendons don't cause pain. So I really am excited to have this development. I'll keep running and just keep telling my brain its wasting its time sending these messages cuz I ain't gonna listen!

The other good news is that today I effectively used my breath, paying attention, solely focusing on my breath to distract from the back pain that was popping up. I couldn't believe I could actually FINALLY do this. I've read about it… practiced it… but have never had the success that I had today. I've been listening to Schubinar's meditation everyday and I think its really helping me develop the mental focus.

If you're starting this program, in the middle or near the end… keep on keeping on. The learning for me has been a bit slow (ha-ha - what a classic TMS perfectionist personality statement that was!!!!) but I get better and better every day and I know you will too.
    Much love to you all!
    Molly

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is an awesome story nowtimecoach. Thank you so much for letting us know of your success's.
    And you have learned an enlightened form of mindfulness to boot plus you've caught TMS in the act.
    This is all success's and if you haven't already ( I bet you have) but just in case make sure you have a
    happy journal to write every success experience down in ok.
    Bless You
    Keep us informed:)

3. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

You go, Girl! You are doing great!

Thanks for sharing - just at the right time for me. Having a few days that are a real flashback. If I didn't know better....you know.

4. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Eric! Thanks for the reminder of doing a happy journal!!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.