1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Symptom imperative or a health problem?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Xara, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

I hadn't wrote my full story but briefly, after being diagnosed with herniated disc at neck ( 6 months therapy) , nevronitis - something in the ear and many pains all over the body ( 6 months therapy) , decided is enough. I am on the 6 day of stuctured program. Symptoms- pain, instability, dizziness, anxiety come and go...
    Someone this week asked me if I have a theroyd problem. Although I had tests in June- with everything good, I wake up completely exhausted... I started thinking I maybe have a problem they cannot find. Symptom imperative? I will certainly have a more specific exam, but until then? I am anxious about how I can manage this symptom. Ignore this? There are times at the job I feel I will fall down...
    The mysterious thing about this fatigue is that after 4 in the afternoon gets better...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It very well may be what Dr. Sarno called extinction bursts. One of my extinction bursts that happened around month 3-4 of my recovery from neuropathic pain was fibromyalgia (although I never bothered to get official diagnosis). I was very fatigued and experienced dull pain in my entire body. After about 2-3 months it started slowly fading away and eventually disappeared.