1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

symptom equivalents

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

Hi I haven't posted in here for a while because I have been pain-free for a while...however my preoccupation has moved to other departments of my life. For a while, I was obsessive about working out and controlling my food intake to the point where it was close to an eating disorder. I have a healthy relationship with food and exercise now but I have so much anxiety about my body image and appearance. I am constantly going back and forth between not feeling good enough. I do TONS of self-love work and affirmations every day but I find when I'm around a pretty girl or after I eat food sometimes I just feel so self-conscious and worry. This has been going on for a long time and I try to do a lot of self-work to counteract it but I just feel so bad about my appearance and I am not sure how to not be so preoccupied with it.