1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Symphysis Pubis Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by GTfan, Feb 28, 2023.

1. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

So I posted a thread in the support forum about my history with groin pain and the anxiety and stressors going on in my life right now.

But I also wanted to open up a discussion about symphysis pubis pain. So I am a runner, and I ran a half marathon trail race on Saturday. This was definitely the most challenging races that I have ever done, and I had to recently cull my training a bit because I twisted my ankle skiing a few weeks back so I may not have quite been in peak shape.

Regardless, I did really well in the race. But in the days after I felt the usual soreness in the core, hip flexors, and legs. But I have also got this dull, deep soreness right below my belly button kind of in my waistline area.

I know that I have also been dealing with TMS related groin pain recently so it is hard to differentiate between what is a real overuse injury and what is "in my head".

Have any runners experienced this pain before? From Google it seems like it may be a thing, but not very common really