1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 13 Swept off my feet

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by movingcloud, Sep 28, 2012.

1. movingcloud

movingcloud Peer Supporter

What is the most important thing I've learned from doing the SEP? All of it!
    I so very much appreciate the community here, and of course the ideas of Dr Sarno and all those that have followed him - you've opened my eyes and I'm swept off my feet by all that's here.
    My pain has decreased noticeably, and in my head I am formulating what I'll say to my consultant at a review meeting in October. Should I be brave and mention Dr Sarno, the TMS wiki, the possibility that mind-body disfunction is something he should be explaining to his other patients?
    I am talking to myself, laughing at the silliness of my deceptive mind, and dreaming vivid dreams that I guess is my unconscious trying to process all the work I am feeding it.
    It is very revealing to find out that I have many of the personality characteristics that feed TMS. I think that I might change some of it! Not sure how, but I think this is the route to no pain.
    I haven't visited my childhood memories for a very long time - a lot of them bring anxiousness, and I'm relying on you guys to gently let me step through my fears with journaling and letter writing.
    I "see" and "hear" little clues every day....no I'm not going mad! I stopped when out walking 2 days ago, and looked at the moon , and realised that stopping and staring is very important. My Tai Chi teacher, when explaining about a previous character-bashing confrontation with someone hostile told me he said back "I am absolutely me". Long may it be so!

veronica73 and Lala like this.