1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Surprise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ACLV, Jul 7, 2016.

1. ACLV

ACLV Newcomer

DAY 2

Wow today was a surprise. After reading today’s article, I’m really convinced that I have TMS. Although I got the concept previously, I just wandered why Dr. Sarno gave so much importance to “anger”, he kept referring to “anger” and then second place anxiety for the cause of TMS. When I look at myself, I just don’t see anger. I have lots of anxiety and depression but not “anger”. In some way I just thought Sarno’s theory was a little limited.

But after reading today’s article by Kim Ruby, it just really hit me. The “feeling of inadequacy” is the cause of my anxiety and depression, the feeling of “not being good enough”. I’ve known this for years now but just remembering and acknowledging how unbearable that feeling can get for me was surprising. I just started crying while reading the article; I remember how it’s been years since I don’t cry often.

Months before by low back/hip pain started, I would cry like every week. I realized that I now cry like once every 3 months the most. I realized how my thinking of me “being in better control of my emotions” was a facade. I realized that I have not; I have been just storing my negative emotions. My brain realized that it’s easier for me to deal with my physical pain than my emotional pain. I just started bawling, I realized I’m just back were I was of even further behind. I realized it’s been forever since crying like this. I remember how painful it is to deal with these negative emotions about myself. After maybe an hour or two, I was kind of relieved realizing that it is ok for me to feel like this.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

It not just ok - it is part of healing yourself. You now need to think Psychlogically about where these feelings came from - when did you first start feeling inadequate? Link it back to your earliest memory of feeling this way and you may get an understanding of why you feel it now. Often our parents (knowingly or unknowingly) have made us feel this way early in childhood, once we make the connections - we can start to heal that small child inside us - and give it the warmth and compassion and understanding that our parents may of failed to do . Then we can release feeling that way as an adult and realise that we are all ok really!
    I went thru buckets of tears during the programme - i really felt like a wet dishrag! But i came through and i now live a wonderful pain-free life. So go for it!

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Anger can masquerade as many different emotions. I'm so glad you found an article that resonated with you.
    Blessings on your journey.