1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Surgeries

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marnster, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Marnster

Marnster New Member

Has anyone had surgeries or physical traumas prior to developing chronic pain? I've had 2 hip scopes for hip impingement and labral tears. The surgery helped but was told I have myofascial pain syndrome and muscle compensations. When I'm at the gym I'm ALWAYS afraid of overdoing it and causing pain flare up. Anyone else relate??

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Marnster. I had unnecessary surgery (the surgeon said it was "exploratory" after I had a bowel obstruction), and that was successful but left me with doubts about surgeons and surgery.

I encourage you to keep up the gym work, but be careful, and be positive. You won't over do it if you stop if or when you feel hip pain. Exercise and being active is very important in healing.

3. Bananas00

Bananas00 Peer Supporter

Have the surgery helped?