1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Surfing without pain, step one accomplished

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Christopher, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

I am a 9 year chronic pain sufferer with TMS, new to the program and the wiki, have not had any miraculous instant cures but making the connections, the realizations, and learned that for myself, I needed to do things in stages with the ultimate goal being that I can return to working in an unlimited way again. I have taken all the info from various books, online resources, etc, and crafted my own plan, with the number one goal being that I will be committed, and not let setbacks get me down. My pain is primarily around computer work, but it was starting to affect just about everything, including activities like surfing. I have not been able to surf without substantial pain in two years. I am currently in Panama, two days into a two week surf trip, and so far I have been in the water about 4 hours each day and my pain level is zero. I am using this as a step to building back my confidence, belief in my TMS outcome, belief in myself again. Long road ahead maybe, but very happy today.

JoyceVT likes this.
  2. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

Very encouraging Christopher! Draw on the happiness and enjoy the surf!

3. Tami

Tami New Member

Congratulations Christopher. Savor this victory of doing something you're passionate about pain free,

4. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

That is awesome Christopher..Keep going

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

It is really inspiring to read that you were able to do something you love pain free. It really does build up your confidence, and, at least for me, helps make you feel like you are getting your life back. How are things going?

6. Barb

Barb New Member

How was the rest of your surfing trip Christopher,,, hopefully till pain free and fantastic!

7. Solange

Solange Well known member

This is such an inspiring story it has encouraged me today when I'm feeling a bit down. I used to adore ice skating, haven't done it for years, and you made me think that maybe, just maybe I might be able to do that again. Happy surfing!