1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden wrist pain after years of no pain..looking for some help

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MattB, Mar 29, 2016.

1. MattB

MattB Newcomer

I have had tms pain for several years. It started with wrist pain (right hand), extended to elbow, shoulder, other arm and knees.

After a year I learned about tms and started lifting weights again. It was a hard fight but eventually I got the pain down to a minimum and on a lot of days there was no pain anymore. And if there was any, it was mostly a bit of elbow and shoulder pain. I haven't had pain in my wrist since I learned about TMS several years ago despite working on the computer for 10 hours a day, lifting weights and playing volleyball.

I started lifting seriously again 6 months ago. But compared to my personal bests I don't lift that much today and progress very slowy - making sure I lift with the best form possible.

10 days ago I started to get pain in my right wrist again. The next day I went to the gym anyways but I stopped the workout just to make sure it was nothing serious so I relaxed for the next 10 days. But despite not doing much the pain never truly went away. It just got less. It feels like all the other tms pain. I mean if it was a real injury I'm pretty sure it would be different and hurt more during everyday activies where I sometimes don't feel it at all.

There was no event which I can think of which makes sense for this wrist pain. I didn't try lifting more than usual, personal life is the same (ups and downs - nothing unsual)....

Should I just continue lifting and be confident that is it TMS again? I'm just wondering why the hell this happens now after several years...

Thank you for help!
    Matt