1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden Tiredness when laying down

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Thebestwhey, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Thebestwhey

Thebestwhey Peer Supporter

I post today in a season of life where I am feeling tired and I have had enough of dealing with the problems myself...
    I have healed from TMS in MANY aspects and I am a complete believer in everything it is. I do realize that there will more than likely always be something TMS elated given worldly stress and things "out of our control"...

So here is the problem...

I tend to get VERY sleepy, to the point of falling asleep mid-sentence anytime I am in my bedroom, laying down on the bed with my Wife. This can be while we are just talking, and it even happens before intimacy... I often cannot be in the bed unless its midday because I will fall asleep or go in and out of sleep.

Its irritating and I cannot think of what could be causing it... There are definite doubts and fears that have built of that I CANNOT be in the bed or else ___ will happen and we won't be able to ___. This problem has been long going for at least a year or so... Just got married 15 months ago so maybe I didn't realize it prior. I am going through some tough times with being busy - work, church, writing a book, creating a website, music, marriage... Lots on the go and I am a driver and like to get things done... I am currently dealing with burning sore eyes but all other body "pain" has left and seems to bounce back between eyes, wrists, and lower back

All this being said, I wonder if the current busy life has caused issues, even though the problem has been long going. I also wonder if there are some deeper issues that I haven't touched on that even though I healed from RSI, back pain, eye pain, arch pain, concussions... and so on... I feel lost at this and I wanted to reach out to seek help because its really becoming something I cannot see myself dealing with forever

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Perhaps you just need more rest/sleep...? I spent so many years not sleeping and getting by on just a couple of hours non-restorative sleep - after 'healing' I now get 8 hours almost every night - but if i have only 7 - i am like a zombie! Maybe it is recovering from the accumulated stress of years - some of us are left with a need for more and better sleep...?
    Can you try and factor in a siesta? It might help...

3. Thebestwhey

Thebestwhey Peer Supporter

Thank you for the insight
    I do only sleep 5-6 hours a night so I do know this lifestyle is rough and adds up

I appreciate the message because I have been trying to say no to things and make some time in the schedule for an earlier sleep

hecate105 likes this.